Maximum Tan Sunless Spray Tan
- Shower, shave and exfoliate prior to your visit.
- Don’t put on any make-up, lotion, or perfume.
- Remove all jewelry before your session.
- Wear loose dark clothing! Prior to your first shower or bath, your sunless spray tan may rub off on clothing.
After Care Instructions
- Don’t shower, get wet or sweat for at least 6 hours.
- Chlorinated pools, hot tubes and salt water may cause your tan fade quicker.
- We recommend waiting at least 7 days before coming back for your next spray tan.
- Stay in older clothing before showering to prevent stains. If you choose to leave it on overnight, use older bedding as well.
- Once you shower make sure you moisturize daily, this will make your tan fade more evenly and last longer. We recommend specially formulated moisturizer made by Versa Spa.
What to expect after your tan?
- You may feel slightly wet or tacky until your first shower.
- The more you shower and shave, the faster your tan will come off. As your skin naturally exfoliates, your tan will begin to fade.
- Your tan generally looks best after your 1st shower. Everyone is different, but when planning for an event, we recommend coming in 1-2 days before.
- Although unlikely, under certain circumstances sunless tan may still rub off on clothing after your 1st shower. This is more common with people who exercise more frequently.
- When you first shower you may see your cosmetic bronzer come off in the shower. Don’t panic, this is normal! When doing the Versa Spa there are two bronzers in the solution; one is an instant cosmetic bronzer that washes away and the other is DHA bronzer. DHA or dihydroxacentone will darken over a 24 hour period; this is the main bronzer that gives you your natural looking tan. DHA is FDA approved and considered safe for topical application.
How About A "Double Dip"?
One way to get magnificent color quickly is to do what we call the double dip. This is using one of our UV tanning beds in conjunction with the Versa Spa. The results are amazing and is the perfect solution for someone wanting instant color. You would first use one of our UV-tanning beds (we recommend darkest level or higher) and then go right into the Versa Spa.